I'm a member of the Avon Wildlife Trust and wanted today to share some words from their email newsletter which arrived this afternoon
Maintaining wellbeing through nature this spring
These uncertain times will be a strain on many people's mental health, with the lack of routine and isolation from loved ones but we hope you can find comfort and support through nature. You can take this time to find new routines that prioritise looking after yourself and loved ones while embracing nature and focusing on the positive things around you.
To experience the five ways to wellbeing through nature this spring:
- Be active by taking a walk outside, doing some gardening or exploring your local nature reserve
- Connect with people and share wildlife experiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or video calls, messaging or emails with family and friends
- Give back to nature by making a wildlife friendly garden or window box
- Take notice of everyday wildlife on your doorstep
- Learn something new about the outside world
Wise words. Get out and about when you can (on your "Boris Walk"!) or just observe your doorstep. Enjoy!