- A friend of yours has had an ancient curse levied upon him. What do you do to help and what happens to him throughout the curse?
- What is your favorite horror movie? What do you like about it and how would you survive till the end? Go into extreme detail and feel free to include yourself in sequel ideas as well.
- If you had your choice of becoming any kind of vampire, which one would it be? A Twilight vampire, Buffy vampire, True Blood vampire, etc.? Pick one and tell your story of how you were turned and what resulted from that situation.
- For Halloween, my mum and dad like to …….
- The zombie apocalypse has begun! Several people you know have already become zombies and now it's a game of survival. What do you do to make sure that you are one of the people left at the end of the movie?
- I was counting all my candy when all of a sudden…
- A Halloween party is fun to plan…first you…
- Write a story about a kid who goes trick-or-treating. Start from the minute he or she puts on his or her costume and finish when he or she gets home and put on normal clothes again. Tell me everything that happens.
- Write a spooky story to tell around the campfire. Remember, you want to build suspense using onomatopoeia and alliteration. Don’t forget to have a big finale to frighten everyone who is listening.
- If you could design a haunted house, what would you name it? What types of rooms would you have? Describe, in detail, 3 of the best rooms in your haunted house.
- If you could be anyone or anything this Halloween, who or what would you be? Why?
- Use your five senses. Brainstorm a list of all the Halloween sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and feelings you can think of.
- Pretend that you have to make a pirate costume for Halloween. Tell how you would make it.
- Write an announcement for a Halloween party. Keep it short, but make sure it captures the reader's attention. Include information on at least three to four fun activities you have planned for the party.
- Pretend that you are a jack-o-lantern. Describe Halloween from a jack-o-lantern's point of view.
- If you could make a magic brew, what would you make? Why?
- Write a Halloween acrostic using one of these words: ghost, monster, mummy, skeleton, vampire, witch.
- Pretend that you're getting ready to take a younger brother or sister trick-or-treating for the first time. Make a list of ten tips you'll give him or her.
- Write a journal entry about the best trick you have ever pulled (or the best one that has ever been pulled on you).
- Some schools are banning Halloween celebrations because of the religious roots of the holiday. Do you agree or disagree with such a ban? Write a two-minute speech arguing for or against Halloween celebrations in the classroom.
- You are the star reporter for Halloween Headline, and you've just landed an interview with Casper the Friendly Ghost. Write out 20 questions to ask during the interview.
- Imagine a Halloween with no candy. Do you think you would still have fun? Why or why not? Write a journal entry about it.
Find me on Facebook
...and on Twitter
Born to be a Tourist