Aside from the lottery results, here's 15 things I wish I could tell my 15 year old self.
- You’re not supposed to be with him. Teenage angst exacerbated - ignore it.
- Yes, puberty sucks, but your periods will get better and your leg hair won’t grow so quickly.
- "Don't take no sh*t off of nobody!"
- Your GCSEs won’t matter once you’ve got the A Levels, and they won’t count once you have a degree.
- Oh, but you’re going to apply for Maths and French A Level. Trade them in for Photography (you don’t know you love it yet), Psychology (you’ll get more interested in this in your 20’s), or something writing or conservation related. Trust me.
- Keep smiling! People love your smile and notice when it's missing.
- Don’t give your time and emotions to people who surround you with negativity.
- Five years from now you won’t know your life without the internet.
- Make more of your summer holidays during your A Levels. Check out some paid - you'll need the cash at Uni! - fruit picking (or similar) abroad - McDonalds may be convenient but that's not everything.
- Your friends might not talk about popping the cherry, but it'll come, and it'll all be fine!
- Don't move to Merry Hill!!!
- Tell B to avoid G.
- Keep cycling - your legs will look awesome in future years.
- Things and people change. Don't dwell on lost connections - that's life.
- Wax. Your. Eyebrows.
Loads to look forward to - enjoy it!
Love Twice-Your-Age Lou x
At time of writing, I'm on Facebook (you'll love it)
...I'm on Twitter too. Good name, hey?
Hell, I'll even have a travel blog in the future!